Welcome to Hockey Sticks HQ!
Your access to and use of the Website is limited and reserved for personal, non-commercial uses only. In accessing or using the Website, you agree to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you do not comply with these Terms, we reserve the right to refuse service, or restrict or terminate your access to the Website. If you do not accept all of these Terms of Service, please discontinue accessing or using this Website. If any portion of these Terms is invalid, void, or unenforceable, that portion is severable and does not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining conditions.
Under these Terms, “you” and “your” refers to you, the person accessing or using this website and reading this; “we”, “our”, and “us” refers to Hockey Sticks HQ. All variants of these pronouns are considered interchangeable.
- Affiliate Marketing Disclaimer
- Contacting Us
- Website Content
- Comments and Reviews
- Other User-Generated Content
- Intellectual Property and Copyright
- Unlawful Use and Violation of Terms
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- Governing Law
By accessing or otherwise using the Website, you certify that you
- are at least 18 (eighteen) years of age and legally authorized and able to agree to these Terms, and that, if you are acting on behalf of any other party, you are authorized to do so;
- have read these Terms and agree to them.
The Website is intended for users who are at least 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you must review these Terms with your parent or legal guardian, who, by virtue of accessing or otherwise using the Website is deemed to have consented to these Terms on your behalf and you may use the Website only with the involvement of said parent or legal guardian. We reserve the right to refuse service, or restrict or terminate access to the Website in our sole discretion to users under 18.
Affiliate Marketing Disclaimer
For hockey sticks, Hockey Sticks HQ is an affiliate partner of Hockey Monkey / HockeyMonkey.com. For all other products, Hockey Sticks HQ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Our participation in affiliate marketing programs comes at no extra cost to you.
Please read the following carefully to get a clear understanding of how we collect, use, protect or otherwise handle your Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with our website.
Personal Information Collected at HockeySticksHQ.com
We collect information from you when you subscribe to an electronic newsletter, fill out a form, or otherwise enter information on our site.
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up with you after a transaction or a communication, e.g. email inquiry.
Hockey Sticks HQ does not knowingly collect information from minors under the age of 18, including and especially those less than thirteen years of age. If you are under 18, do not submit any information to Hockey Sticks HQ. If you are a parent, legal guardian, or other concerned person and become aware that we have collected information from a child, including and especially one under 13 years of age, please contact us promptly and we will take steps to delete and remove any such information.
Protection of Your Information
To maintain the safety of your personal information we implement a variety of security measures.
The website uses a number of security products and measures specific to our platform / Content Management System to safeguard it from malicious attacks, viruses, malware, and spam.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology; you may verify that our security certificate is active by confirming the presence of a green padlock icon to the left of our URL in your browser’s address bar.
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits, which enables us to constantly improve our services to you.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate, i.e. non-personalized, data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can improve site experience and tools in the future.
We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features of HockeySticksHQ.com may be disabled. Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
CalOPPA (California Online Privacy Protection Act)
In accordance with CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- You can visit our site anonymously.
You can change your personal information by emailing us.
Third-Party Behavioral Tracking
We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13.
Fair Information Practices
We adhere to Fair Information Practices Principles to comply with US privacy laws and protect your personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 1 business day.
- We will notify you via in-site notification within 1 business day.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Actsets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives you the right to have emails stopped from being sent to you, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address, should you choose to provide it to us, in order to:
- Send you information.
- Respond to your inquiries, requests, or questions.
- Process your orders and to send you information and updates pertaining to your orders.
- Send you additional information related to your experience at HockeySticksHQ.com.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN SPAM, we agree to:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify relevant messages as advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters in every email.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Allow you to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
- Honor your opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from our list.
Hockey Sticks HQ
PO Box 96181
Portland, OR 97296
Or by email at our contact page.
The Website contains information (text, images, videos) and other materials (“Content”) created by humans for education and entertainment purposes. Hockey Sticks HQ makes no representations or warranties as to the completeness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content and is not liable for any errors, omissions, inaccuracies, or any other shortcomings.
We reserve the right to make changes to the Website, including product prices and specifications, these Terms, and any other Policies, and to change, suspend, or discontinue any portion or functionality of the Website at any time without prior notice.
Our Website Content may include links to other websites. If you click on any such link you will leave our Website and will be subject to terms and policies of that third-party website. Hockey Sticks HQ has no control whatsoever over such other websites and is not responsible or liable for the availability thereof or the content, advertising, products, or other materials there. We are also not responsible or liable in any way for any damage or loss incurred or suffered by you in connection with these links or websites.
Comments and Reviews
Certain portions of this Website offer the opportunity for you and other users to publicly post and exchange opinions, reviews, information, material, data (“Comments or Reviews”). While Hockey Sticks HQ does not screen, edit, publish, or review Comments or Reviews prior to their appearance on the Website, unless they are held for moderation by the Website’s administrative settings, we reserve the right to monitor all Comments or Reviews and to remove any Comments and Reviews which we considers in our absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive, or otherwise in breach of these Terms.
Comments or Reviews do not reflect the views or opinions of Hockey Sticks HQ, its agents, or affiliates. Comments or Reviews reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Hockey Sticks HQ shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or Reviews or for any loss cost, liability, damages, or expenses caused or suffered as a result of any use of or posting of or appearance of the Comments or Reviews on this Website.
By submitting Comments or Reviews on this Website, you warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled and have the authority to post the Comments or Reviews on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so, and that you are not using a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of your Comments or Reviews;
- You agree and promise that all content of your Comments or Reviews is accurate and original and that it does not infringe any intellectual property right, including, without limitation, copyright, patent, or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- Your Comments or Reviews do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- Your Comments or Reviews do not solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You retain the copyright to your Comments or Reviews and hereby grant to Hockey Sticks HQ a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to display, use, reproduce, edit, any or all portion(s) of your Comments or Reviews in any and all forms, formats or media, and to use the name you submit in connection with your Comments or Reviews.
Other User-Generated Content
Unless agreed upon otherwise, in writing, between Hockey Sticks HQ and you, any content, including but not limited to, copy (text), images/photographs, designs/graphics, or data submitted to Hockey Sticks HQ via forms, email, or other functionality of this Website is governed by the same terms as Comments or Reviews.
Intellectual Property and Copyright
Hockey Sticks HQ and its logo are trademarked. Unless otherwise noted and properly credited, all Content on the Website, including text (information, instructions, recipes), photographs, illustrations, graphics, images, products, publications, design (layout/look and feel), Website customization code, and functions as well as any derivative works of Content, is the property of Hockey Sticks HQ and protected by copyright. All intellectual property rights are reserved. By accessing the Website you acquire no rights, titles, or interest in the Website or any of its Content; nothing in these Terms grants you any license or right to use our trademarked or copyrighted Content.
You may access or use the Website for your own personal use subject to these Terms of Service. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, mirror, mine, scrape, transmit, publicly display, upload, perform, publish, license, modify, translate, adapt, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or otherwise exploit the Website or any of its Content for any commercial purpose or enterprise.
Any Content not owned by Hockey Sticks HQ is the property of its respective owner and protected by their copyright or equivalent of these Terms.
Unlawful Use and Violation of Terms
By accessing or otherwise using the Website you agree to not use it or any content herein for any unlawful or prohibited use under these Terms or any applicable laws. You also agree not to solicit or encourage any unlawful or prohibited activities or any activities that infringe the rights of Hockey Sticks HQ or any third parties.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
All Content on the Website, unless otherwise noted and appropriately credited, is developed by Hockey Sticks HQ. If you or an agent acting on your behalf believe that any Content on this Website infringes on your copyrights, you may submit a notification under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing us with the following information at the address below in writing:
- Your or your authorized agent’s physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the copyrighted work or a list of works claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material or materials that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled;
- Your contact information, including an address, telephone number, and email;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or the authorized agent thereof.
The address for notifications of claimed infringement is:
Hockey Sticks HQ
PO Box 96181
Portland, OR 97296
You agree that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
This Website is provided on an as-is basis and you are accessing or using it at your own discretion and risk. To the extent that the website and the information and services on the Website are provided free of charge, we are not liable for any loss or damage of any nature. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we make no representations or warranties of any kind relating to our Website and the use thereof, including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose, or the use of reasonable care and skill. No information presented on this Website creates any warranty not expressly stated. We are not liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this Website, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages. Nothing in this disclaimer will limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law or exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out herein govern all liabilities arising under htis disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
We also do not warrant that the Website or any of its content made available to your through the Website or electronic communication sent from Hockey Sticks HQ is free of viruses or other harmful components. You are responsible for any damage to your computer system, breach of security, or loss of data resulting from the use of this Website or our email communications.
You agree to indemnify Hockey Sticks HQ, its members, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives from any and all third-party claims, losses, liability, damages, or costs, including reasonable attorney fees and costs, arising from your accessing or using the Website, your violation of these Terms, or your infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. We will notify you promptly of any such claim, loss, liability, or demand.
These Terms are construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of Oregon. By agreeing to these terms you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state or federal courts in Multnomah County, Oregon, USA in all disputes arising out of or related to the use of the Site.
Last updated: August 29, 2017